We get it, doing a live broadcast is stressful. If you’re like us, the second you press the red button, your brain becomes a blank space.
For some strange reason, live streaming is incredibly challenging for some of us. Luckily, the best way to beat a nasty case of nerves is by simply preparing before, during, and after your live stream.
Since we are in the midst of the giving season, we wanted to give you a gift of our own. Here are 33 live streaming tips:
1. Have an idea of what you want to talk about.
2. Know about how long you want to talk for.
3. Let people know when you plan to do the live stream event via a Facebook invite.
4. Consider your lighting source or make sure the time of day you are filming works with the sunlight.
5. Make sure you are in a quiet space where you can record without distractions.
6. Consider creating a rough outline of talking points to refer to during the live stream.
7. Pick the platform you want to use.
8. Practice live streaming beforehand by doing it at the desired time in the desired location.
9. Make sure you understand how to record and view people’s comments.
10. Research what analytical tools you want to use to track engagement.
11. Consider giving incentives to those who tune in.
12. Don’t speak too quickly.
13. Let your audience know that you are viewing their comments and questions to encourage engagement.
14. Stay on topic.
15. Speak with passion to show genuine topic interest.
16. Answer questions from audience members.
17. If you’re holding your camera, make sure the filming is clear and not jerky.
18. Use recapping as necessary.
19. Use props as necessary for illustration.
20. If moving in live stream, ensure you remain in the camera shot.
21. Look happy! When we are nervous, we tend to look serious, so smile. 🙂
22. Be authentic and use vocabulary you are comfortable with.
23. Thank your followers for watching.
24. Take note of any feedback from audience on speaking style.
25. Record any data from live stream.
26. Re-share live stream on other platforms when possible.
27. Let followers who missed it know how they can still watch.
28. Ask followers if they have any follow-up questions on your content.
29. Watch your live stream back.
30. Write down any notes you have for yourself for the next live stream.
31. Fix any technical glitches for the future.
32. Monitor the live stream for any new comments and questions that come.
33. Give yourself a pat on the back for rocking your live stream!
We hope you find these tips as helpful as we did! If you have any questions, reach out to us!
Want to learn more about live streaming on social media? Sign up for our 2-hour course today, which is only available for a limited time.
Latest posts by Jaclyn Simek Landers (see all)
- Holiday Marketing Tips - December 21, 2018
- 12 Days of Christmas: Content Marketing Style – Part 1 - November 30, 2018
- A Gratitude Post - November 16, 2018