Join The StoryShout Team
Content Marketing & Journalism Jobs
All of our team are independent contractors and work from home. As long as you get your work done, we don’t care where or when you work. We are ROWE: a results-only work environment.
Benefits of Working at StoryShout:
- Consistent, on-time payment
- Supportive, friendly environment with a community Slack channel
- Ability to work with clients from several different industries and backgrounds
- Work from anywhere with a reliable internet connection
- Work can scale depending on your availability and workload
Here are our current available openings:
Freelance News Writer
We believe in fair pricing. Our rate for writers is based on the Editorial Freelancers Association study of average market rates. StoryShout writers currently receive $50 on average for every piece of content they write. All writers are independent contractors and get paid on the 15th of every month. Writers keep track of their own invoices and send StoryShout an invoice by the 10th of every month. StoryShout does not pay any credit card, PayPal, or other payment processing fees.
To apply to be a StoryShout news writer, follow these steps:
- Email email@example.com with your resume, 3 links to your work, your social media links, what areas you specialize in, and a few sentences on why you’d make an awesome news writer.
- The email subject line should be “I can’t wait to be a StoryShout writer”